The first academic session (2007-08) of NHIT commenced on the 16th of August with the hoisting of the National Flag and Salute to the Nation on the 15th of August 2007. Four year s have passed since then and during this period we have received a lot of co-operation from our students and their parents .We are proud of our students, faculty members, and non-teaching staff. Our 85% student’s of 1st pass out batch got job and got chance for higher education in BTech. through lateral entry.Our sole aim is the benefit and improvement of our students. And this is something upon which we shall not compromise under a ny circumstances . We have tried our level best to recruit only those teachers who have immense industrial and academic experience. Renowned professors and lecturers have already become a part of the NHIT family.
Under the able guidance of our faculty members, the students of all branches have already visited different industries as part of their first industrial exposure. The process o arranging for special on-job training of our students in different factories is also complet e. We have also taken special initiative to provide Personality Development and Soft Skills training to our students .
NHIT is the first Diploma college in Eastern India which operates in two shiftsand it is the largest college in West Bengal in total number of student intake.
Negotiations are continuously going on with different organizations for technical training and creating job opportunities for our students.
Following are the few examples:
- a) A newly renovated library having more than 11000 nos. of books, with separate reading room
- b) where more than 150 students can sit and study together. Recently this library is upgrade with computer and Internet facility.
- c) Installation of newly built computer hall, with 156nos. of computers. Installation of a new computer software maintenance Lab.
- d) Joint venture in learning with HCL-K2 academy.
- e) Imparting of JELET coaching though out the year (3 Yrs .)
- e) Imparting of personality Development Sk ill though out the year (3 Yrs.)
- f) Imparting the Computer Training though out the year (3 Yrs.)
- g) Compulsory learning of motor vehicles driving for Automobile Engineering students etc .
Our teachers regularly interact with students and their guardians for enhancing their acade mic
and extracurricular activities.
I extend my warm welcome to all the students who have joined our institute in this academic session 2015-16 and I earnestly hope that t hey will enjoy this College campus and will extract the fullest benefit oft he facilities of this Institute.
” I wish grand success to all of you. “